Spastic (central) paralysis results from damage of the central motor neuron in any its department and differs from peripheral in a number of signs: here the expressed atrophies of muscles are not characteristic and there is no reaction of degeneration, neither the atony of muscles, nor loss of reflexes is observed.
Manifestations of spastic paralysis
The main characteristic manifestations of the central paralysis (paresis) is the following:
- spastic increase in a muscle tone (hypertension);
- decrease in animal force in combination with loss of ability to thin movements;
- increase in deep (proprioceptive) reflexes;
- decrease or loss of exteroceptive reflexes (belly, kremasterny, bottom);
- emergence of pathological reflexes (Babinsky, Oppengeym, Gordon, etc.);
- lack of a degenerative muscular atrophy.
Treatment of Spastic paralysis:
There are several methods of treatment of spasticity. All of them pursue the following aims:
- Obegcheniye of spasticity symptoms
- Reduction of pain and muscular spasm
- Improvement of gait, daily activity, hygiene and leaving
- Simplification of autokinesias
1. Physiotherapeutic methods of treatment of spasticity:
The physical therapy is carried out for the purpose of reduction of a muscle tone, improvement of movements, force and coordination of muscles.
2. Medicamentous therapy of spasticity:
Use of medicamentous therapy is shown at daily disturbance of normal activity of muscles. Effective drug treatment includes use of two and Bol of drugs in combination with other methods of treatment. Treat the drugs used at spasticity:
Injections of botulinum toxin at spasticity:
The botulinum toxin known also as Botox, is effective in very small quantities at introduction to the paralyzed muscles. At introduction to the Botox muscle the action of a neurotransmitter of acetylcholine, h by the help of which is carried out momentum transfer in nerves, blocked. It leads to relaxation of muscles. Action of an injection begins within several days and about 12 - 16 weeks last.
3. Surgical treatment of spasticity:
Intrathecal administration of Baclofenum and selection dorsal rhizotomy belong to surgical treatment.
Intrathecal administration of Baclofenum. At hard cases of spasticity Baclofenum is appointed by introduction directly to cerebrospinal fluid. For this purpose the ampoule with Baclofenum is implanted into skin of a stomach.
Selection dorsal rhizotomy. At this operation the surgeon crosses certain nervous roots. This method is used for treatment of heavy spasticity which prevents normal walking. At the same time only sensitive nervous roots are crossed.
Treatment of paralysis folk remedies
1. The peony evading (roots).
1 teaspoon of dry roots on 3 glasses of boiled water. To insist, having wrapped up, 1 hour to filter. To accept on 1 tablespoon 3 times a day in 15 minutes prior to food. To take alcohol tincture till 30-40 drops 3 times a day to food. It is applied in paralyzes, rheumatism, gout.
2. Sumach tannic, sumach tinctorial (fresh leaves).
1 teaspoon of fresh leaves on 1 glass of boiled water. To insist, having wrapped up, 1 hour to filter. To accept on 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day in paralyzes, rheumatism, gout.
3. Dogrose (roots, fruits).
Outwardly broth of roots is used for bathtubs in paralyzes and "weakness of legs". Broth of dried fruits is used for bathtubs in rheumatism.